The Annual General Meeting of the West of Ireland Offshore Racing Association (W.I.O.R.A.) will take place at the Inn at Dromoland on Thursday 3d March 2022 at 8.00pm.
An E.G.M. will take place at 7.45 pm, prior to the commencement of the A.G.M.
Nominations for officers and committee and notice of motions (proposed and seconded by paid up members) must reach the Hon Secretary not less than 14 days before the meeting.
Any motions / nominations submitted electronically by email (not text) must contain the names of a valid proposer and seconder and may be sent by return to this email.
- Minutes of 2020/21 AGM
- Honorary Secretary’s Report
- Honorary Treasurer’s Report
- Commodore’s Report
- Motions Received
- Election of Committee for 2022
- Expressions of interest for hosting WIORA 2024
West of Ireland Offshore Racing Association
Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting
In accordance with Section 9 of the W.I.O.R.A constitution, an extraordinary general meeting will be held on March 3d at 7.45pm in the Inn at Dromoland.
It is proposed to change section 6 of the Constitution (Voting Powers) from:
- Each boat participating in the regatta will be allocated one vote.
- A non participating boat which participated in the previous year may vote
- To be eligible to vote for a venue a boat must have participated in at least two of the previous three West Coast Championships (WIORA’s), with each boat being allocated one vote.
This is to ensure that boats who make the effort to sail at an away venue as well as their home venue get to decide where the event is held and this will hopefully encourage boats from clubs who wish to host the event in the future to attend away events and make their presents felt. A two thirds majority of members will be required to pass the above proposal.