The association asks, “have you been a Senior Instructor in the past, maybe worked as a Grade A Club Instructor once upon a time?
Would you like to get that qualification back?
If so, we want to hear from you.”
Realising that there are many excellent experienced SIs and past Grade A instructors who’s children are now sailing, the ISA say that they would like to help these sailors assist their local club to run sailing courses.
To facilitate this the ISA are running a 2 Day Senior Instructor Assimilation Course in the Royal st. George Yacht Club on the 6th & 7th of June 2015 for €150 per person.
The 2 day course will be facilitated by ISA SBSS Trainers and the course will include
• Review of ISA Small Boat Sailing Schemes, Cara na Mara, Performance Pathway and update on ISA Initiatives
• Practical applications of running safe sessions, emergency action plans, course management and evaluations
• Update on current guidelines, policies, legislations and best practice protocols.
To be assimilated the applicant must have:
• Achieved their Senior Instructor Qualification before 2010 or their Grade A Qualification before 1998.
• Attend the 2 Day Assimilation Course
• A Valid First Aid Certificate
• A Safety Boat Certificate
• A Garda Vetting Clearance
For more information please download or view the Application Form and Pre Course Pack from www.sailing.ie or contact Harry Hermon email@example.com for further details.